VIPM 2023.1 for Windows - Release Notes
Notice: This is a Release Candidate
- Added support for LabVIEW 2023 (not yet released by NI).
- VIPM for Windows is now a native 64-bit application (note: it still works with all your installed LabVIEW versions, both 32-bit and 64-bit).
- Significant performance increases for launch time, refreshing package list, installing packages, creating/applying VIPC's, etc.
- Easier search for packages on vipm.io (VIPM Browser and System Tray are no longer included)
- More package building, package configuration management, and other features are available to all LabVIEW users.
- Various bugfixes and improvements (see: list of fixed issues for 2023.1)
- VIPM now uses the LabVIEW 2020 64-bit Runtime Engine (and will download+install it, if it's not already installed on your system)
- VIPM Browser was removed from this release -- users are encouraged to use vipm.io to search for packages online.
- VIPM System Tray icon/feature was removed from this release -- this feature was partially designed to reduce time to start VIPM, which has been greatly improved by upgrading VIPM to a 64-bit app.
Please see the VIPM 2023.1 Release Candidate Announcement for download and installation instructions.
Questions or Comments?
Please post any questions or comments about the beta in the VIPM RC forum topic.